We are happy to announce that our company Hacienda Premier Properties will make it easy for everyone coming with you to Cabo to be able to receive the mandatory COVID-19 tests that are now required for everyone over 2 years old flying into Canada or the USA.
We will have an English-speaking Doctor come direct to the privacy of your Residence and give everyone in your group the tests done with a nasal swab. Our Doctor is certified to administer both the Antigen and PCR tests approved by the CDC.
At Hacienda Premier Properties, we will be taking care of our guests and fully covering the cost of your testing.
We will help you schedule your tests within 3 days before your flight departs. As soon as our office receives your test results, our administrator Julie at Hacienda Premier Properties will email you an electronic medical certificate from our Doctor with your necessary documentation. She will also print out hard copies of the test results and give those to you and your group so you will be all set when you check in for your departure flight home. ️
For any questions or to schedule a time for our Doctor to come to your Residence and administer the tests contact:
Telephone from USA (619) 819-5081
Telephone from Canada (604) 637-9761
I have been living 9 months a year in Cabo since 1995. From my observation and experience, compared to being in most parts of Canada or the USA right now, being in Cabo during this pandemic is one of the safest places health-wise and freedom-wise. We also have plenty of natural Vitamin D as it is sunny almost every day.
Look forward to seeing you soon in the Land of the Sea & Sun!
- Who is required to show proof of a negative test prior to departure from Los Cabos? Travelers returning to the following destinations are required to show proof of a negative test prior to their departure from Los Cabos:
- Canada, effective as of January 7, 2021
- The United States, effective as of January 26, 2021
- What type of test/proof do I need to show to the CDC upon my return? According to the CDC announcement, all air passengers returning to the United States will be required to get a viral test within the 3 days (72 hours) before their flight to the USA departs, and provide written documentation of their laboratory test result (paper or electronic copy) to the airline or provide documentation of having recovered from COVID-19. For travelers departing to the United States, options for this test include a PCR or Antigen test – valid with a medical certificate from the doctor. We recommend the Antigen tests as it can be taken simply.
- What types of tests are offered? PCR and Antigen tests are available in Los Cabos.
- Do children need to get tested as well? Yes. According to the CDC, anyone above the age of 2 must get tested before departure.
- How are test results given to the traveler? Results may be given in paper or electronic format as required by the CDC.
- Can the airline deny boarding a plane if a COVID-19 negative test is not presented before boarding? Yes. For flights departing to destinations that require a negative test, airlines must confirm the negative test result for all passengers or documentation of recovery before they board. If a passenger does not provide documentation of a negative test or recovery or chooses not to take a test, the airline must deny boarding to the passenger.
- Are there enough tests available in Los Cabos? Yes. Los Cabos’ tourism authorities are working in partnership with the hotels, local, and state authorities to ensure testing is widely available and offered to all travelers visiting the destination. Additionally, Hospitals, clinics and labs in the destination offer the medical certificates in the form needed by CDC.
- What if I have had a COVID-19 vaccine? Do I still need a negative COVID-19 test or documentation of recovery from COVID-19? Yes, all air passengers traveling to the US or Canada, regardless of vaccination status, are required to provide a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery
We all realize these new requirements to get a COVID-19 test before returning to your home country are inconvenient, however here are the positives: You will have peace of mind knowing that you have tested negative and you will have the proof which may help you when you return home. Also on the flight back home it will be reassuring to know that everyone on the flight also tested negative for COVID-19 so you’ll have no worries and a more relaxed flight home.
If you want to make the testing at your Hacienda Residence a memorable event, we can also arrange a Private Chef to prepare a delicious breakfast for your group that day!